Buckinghamshire Libraries Mobile Library Service Consultation Decision
Following a public consultation which took place between 1 November 2017 and 31 December 2017, a decision has been made to discontinue Buckinghamshire's Mobile Library Service on Friday 1 June 2018.
Therefore the Mobile Library Service last day of operation will be:
Thursday 31 May 2018
Details of the decision and accompanying documents can be found
The Reminiscence Collection can help families and carers to remember the past and share experiences. Items are available to anybody with a library card and are suitable for a wide range of uses. The collection includes:-
- Board and card games to stimulate mind and memory
- Activities to encourage use of fine motor skills
- Table-top and chair games designed for people with mobility difficulties
- Tactile and visual activities suitable for people living with dementia or learning difficulties
- Photos and scrapbooks of different time periods
- DVD’s on the years 1931-1989
- Suitcases of historical memorabilia (1930s, 1950s, WW2, Victorians)
- Jigsaw puzzles/jigsticks
- Memory boxes (toys, household objects)
- Giant floor games
The collection is housed in the County Reserve Stock.
Buckinghamshire Libraries are supporting the Dementia Friendly Communities Project.