The Reminiscence Collection can help families and carers to remember the past and share experiences. Items are available to anybody with a library card and are suitable for a wide range of uses. The collection includes:-
- Board and card games to stimulate mind and memory
- Activities to encourage use of fine motor skills
- Tabletop and chair games designed for people with mobility difficulties
- Tactile and visual activities suitable for people living with , dementia or learning difficulties
- Photos and scrapbooks of different time periods
- DVDs on the years 1931-1989
- Suitcases of historical memorabilia (1930s, 1950s, WW2, Victorians)
- Jigsaw puzzles/jigsticks
- Memory boxes (toys, household objects)
- Giant floor games
The collection is housed in the County Reserve Stock.
Buckinghamshire Libraries are supporting the Dementia Friendly Communities Project.