Buckinghamshire Libraries can help get your children reading.
It is free for children to join the library.
- books can be reserved by children free of charge
- up to 20 items per library card
- are payable
- a range of fiction and non-fiction books
- board books
- picture books
- books in giant print and braille
- books in foreign languages
Playgroups and registered childminders
If you are a registered childminder or the leader of a playgroup:
- you can borrow up to 25 children's books
- books can be borrowed for periods of 28 days (max 4 renewals)
- no charges
Please bring written proof of your registered childminder or playgroup leader status with you when you visit the library to.
Groups can arrange to visit the library. To organise a trip,
- are free for up to 1 hour for homework, fun or pursuing hobbies
- under 16s must bring their library membership card with them and have written permission from their parent or guardian
- under 8s must be accompanied by a parent or carer when accessing the internet on library computers
- there is a small
Be safe online
- - designed to help children and young people keep themselves safe online. Developed by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.
- From cyber-bullying to over-sharing, mobiles to social media - do you know how to keep yourself safe online? Get tips on tackling trolls, protecting your personal info and lots more! -
- partnership of three leading organisations: , and with one mission - to promote the safe and responsible use of technology for young people. is a
- (suitable for children)
- (suitable for parents and carers)
- Manage your