How to get involved with Time to Change Buckinghamshire
Time to Change Buckinghamshire puts people with lived experience of mental health issues at the heart of its work.
We need your help to change the way people think and act about mental health problems. Join our growing number of Champions in workplaces, communities, schools and online who are making stigma and discrimination a thing of the past. We can provide the support, information and resources you need to run a successful local anti-stigma mental health campaign.
Become a Time to Change Champion
People with personal experience of mental health problems are at the heart of our campaign to end stigma and discrimination.
To register as a champion, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do champions do?
Being a champion is a flexible and voluntary commitment. You can do what you have time for, and what you’re comfortable doing. There are lots of ways to be a Champion, including:
- Having conversations about mental health with the people around you – whether that’s your mum, a mate or the postman – and talking about your experience.
- Running a Time to Change activity - in a café, train station, your workplace, or anywhere else.
- Encouraging your employer to sign the Time to Change Employer Pledge
- Telling your story online or in the media.
- Speaking up when people say stereotypical or damaging things about mental health.
If you would like to find out more about being a Time to Change Champion, contact us at email@example.com.
Once you’ve signed up as a Champion, you will have access to the Time to Change campaign portal. There you will find details about free training. There are lots of ideas and resources to help you get started and find the right activity for you. There are templates for promotional activities as well as support and advice about being a Champion.
Other ways to support Time to Change Buckinghamshire
There are other ways to get involved. Take a look at the national Time to Change website for more ideas.