Terry's fabulous fajitas
£1.60 per portion
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
378 calories per portion.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced or for a vegetarian option swap the chicken for sliced mushrooms and tinned beans
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 to 5 tablespoons of fajita seasoning to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red and 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 flour tortillas
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion
and garlic then gently cook for 3 minutes
- In the same pan add the chicken and
sizzle for 6 minutes or until the chicken is
cooked. Then add the fajita seasoning and
- Add the pepper, and leave to simmer for
15 minutes on a low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas in a
microwave, for only 10-15 seconds so
not to cause them to become dry.
- Serve with delicious natural yoghurt
Public Health England recommends no more than 2,000 calories a day for women and 2,500 for men. Aim for 400 calories at breakfast, and 600 for lunch and 600 dinner, leaving room for a couple of healthy snacks.