Cathy's banana muffins
69p per muffin
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
253 calories per portion.
- 150g extra-virgin olive oil
- 170g honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 60ml of milk of your choice or water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 half tsp salt
- 1 half tsp cinnamon
- 150g white wholemeal flour or regular
- wholemeal flour
- 40g oats
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and honey together. Add the eggs and beat well. Mix in the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a small amount of oats.
- Bake muffins for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool.
- Enjoy with friends and family!
Public Health England recommends no more than 2,000 calories a day for women and 2,500 for men. Aim for 400 calories at breakfast, and 600 for lunch and 600 dinner, leaving room for a couple of healthy snacks.