Improving our rights of way
Today's rights of way network largely reflect historic patterns of travel - to work, school, church and family. It does not always cater for all modern day demands for access to the countryside.
Our vision is to:
- expand, manage and promote the network of routes and open spaces
- recognise its historical and ecological significance
- provide economic benefit to the rural communities
- provide health benefits to local people
- create safe access for everyone
Buckinghamshire Rights of way improvement plan
Our latest 10-year plan outlines how we intend to enhance access to the countryside up to 2030. If you are aware of any gaps in the network, we would be delighted to hear from you. That could be for instance a missing footpath or a route that needs upgrading to a bridleway,
Please email rights of way with your suggestions.
For more information see Rights of Way Improvement Plan 2020-2030.
See information on our Local Access Forum