5. Certificate in Youth Work Level One
The course is designed to help participants develop their awareness, knowledge and skills in relation to working with young people. It aims to explore the purpose of youth work and the principles and guidelines underpinning good youth work practice.
For learners undertaking the ABC level one, they will need to complete a workbook which provides evidence of their underpinning knowledge and work-based learning. The total number of hours required to complete this qualification is 180. These hours include taught courses and work-placement hours.
- An understanding of the purpose of youth work
- An understanding of the issues affecting young people and the role of the youth worker
- Development of skills and knowledge required for effective youth work delivery
- An opportunity to share practice with other participants
- An opportunity to achieve a Level 1 ABC certificate in Youth Work
Who should attend
Unqualified leaders in charge, part-time workers and volunteers who work with young people (Aged 16+)
30 hours of training.
Price includes registration, induction, assessment, verification and certification. Contact us for more information.
Last updated: 12 September 2017