1. Referring to Buckinghamshire Youth
Buckinghamshire Youth works with 11-19 year olds (or up to 25 years old if SEND) to explore and work on a range of issues to improve emotional wellbeing and resilience.
We work with young people on a one to one basis or in a group work scenario to encourage them to develop new skills and find solutions to overcome challenges.
A young person can be referred to this service by professionals, parents, their peers or by themselves if they meet our criteria. The work we do is led by the issues and concerns that are most important to young people.
Common reasons for referral include:
- difficulties engaging with school or peers
- low confidence and self-esteem
- family related issues or concerns
- negative or risk taking behaviour
- building resilience
- building independence
- social responsibility
- specific longer term interventions for young people who are not in education, employment or training (NEET) or at risk of NEET to develop their skills and attitudes to become ready for employment.
Last updated: 27 March 2017