Paid-for school transport
We may be able to offer paid-for places on our existing routes where places are available. New applicants for a paid-for place on school transport will need to complete the paid for application form.
The default offer of a paid-for place will be on a bus. To be considered for a taxi or minibus, please state your preferred bus service as "TAXI". We will not accept 4 preferences for a single service. If there is no boarding point or service to your child’s school, please enter ‘TAXI’ into the 3 boxes on the service tab on the application form. This will then be reviewed.
Prior to completing this form you will need to have
- The name of the school
- Boarding point
- Stop ID number (last 4 digits)
- Bus service
We will where possible give preference to children travelling with a sibling. There is a section on the form to request this, you will need:
- Sibling Student Reference Number (can be found on pass)
- Sibling name
- Sibling date of birth
2018/2019 costs (these are reviewed annually)
|In County Resident||Out of County Resident (boarding within Bucks)||Out of County Resident (boarding outside Bucks)||Boarding Point (to school)||Band||Autumn Term||Half Autumn||Spring Term||Half Spring||Summer Term||Half Summer||Annual Fare||Monthly Direct Debit over 8 months|
|Pre-16||Pre-/Post-16||All boarding points||£258||£136||£202||£107||£239||£126||£660||£87.37|
|Post-16||Pre-/Post-16||Under 4 miles||Band 1||£258||£136||£202||£107||£239||£126||£660||£87.37|
|Post-16||Pre-/Post-16||4-4.99 miles||Band 2||£299||£157||£235||£123||£277||£145||£772||£101.37|
|Post-16||Pre-/Post-16||5-6.99 miles||Band 3||£340||£177||£267||£139||£316||£165||£884||£115.37|
|Post-16||Pre-/Post-16||7-9.99 miles||Band 4||£382||£198||£300||£156||£355||£184||£998||£129.62|
|Post-16||Pre-/Post-16||10 miles or more||Band 5||£424||£219||£333||£172||£393||£203||£1,111||£143.75|
|Pre-16||All boarding points||£465||£240||£366||£188||£432||£223||£1,224||£157.87|
|Post-16||All boarding points||£549||£282||£431||£221||£510||£261||£1,451||£186.25|
Following a review of the 2017/18 fares, there has been a 5% increase to the annual price from last year.
Passes for monthly Direct Debit payers will be issued on a termly basis (3 passes per year) and includes the cost of issuing the 3 termly passes, as seen with the termly and half termly fares.
You will receive an email confirmation and your child will be added to our transport waiting list. The waiting list operates on a first come first served basis
- There will be two rounds of offers made prior to the start of the school year and one further round during the autumn term.
- If you have not been offered a place in either Round 1, Round 2 or Round 3 of the process, your request will remain on the waiting list. We regularly review this list throughout the year and offer any spare seating available.
- The cut off for the Paid-For applications to be processed are:
- Round 1 is 5 pm on the 15 June 2018
- Round 2 is 5 pm on the 20 July 2018
- Round 3 is 5 pm on the 12 September 2018
- If we are able to offer a place we will send you an Offer of Paid-For School Transport Form which you must then complete and return to us by post prior to the deadline on the form.
- Please note we do not provide 'paid-for' passes for local public bus service, where tickets can be bought directly from the bus company. For more information on public bus routes and operators see our local bus timetables page or plan a journey on Traveline.
How to apply for post 16 Transport
We will send an offer of 'paid-for' transport for all year 11 pupils using dedicated bus services, to take up if they are staying on at 6th form at the same school. Pupils wanting transport to a different school for sixth form or are currently travelling on a taxi are able to apply for a 'paid-for' place by applying on the Paid-for Waiting List.
Paying for your school bus pass
- You need your Routewise customer number (the 4 or 5 digit reference number on your letter).
- The first time you buy from us you will need to create an account. This means you can check the progress of your payment and speed up future payments.
|Term||Period||Open on morning of||Closing at midnight on|
|Annual||Whole period||Friday 18 May 2018||Monday 11 June 2018|
Friday 18 May 2018
|Monday 11 June 2018|
|first half||Friday 18 May 2018||Monday 11 June 2018|
|second half||Monday 3 September 2018||Monday 8 October 2018|
|Spring||Whole||Monday 22 October 2018||Monday 3 December 2018|
|first half||Monday 22 October 2018||Monday 3 December 2018|
|second half||Wednesday 19 December 2018||Monday 28th January 2019|
|Summer||Whole||Monday 11 February 2019||Monday 11 March 2019|
|first half||Monday 11 February 2019||Monday 11 March 2019|
|second half||Monday 1st April 2019||Monday 13 May 2019|
You must complete the new offer form sent to you in full.
- Complete the Direct Debit mandate form
- Then sign and date the new offer form and return it by post with the completed Direct Debit mandate to Client Transport for processing
- Offers are made prior to the start of the school year and during the autumn term.
- Note: If you have previously been paying by Direct Debit for a paid-for place and already have a Direct Debit mandate set up, then you will need to tick the box on the offer letter confirming the details are correct.
The months your first and final 8 monthly direct debit payments are made will depend on when you are offered a renewal or new paid-for place on school transport.
|Offer round||Initial month of payment (1st / 17th)||Final month of payment|
|Round 2||September/October||April / May|
Places on school transport from Round 3 offers start on the second half of the Autumn Term. Therefore the total annual charge split over the 8 monthly payments will be reduced by the 7 weeks of the first half of the autumn term
Direct Debit agreement
The following terms and conditions are agreed to as part of accepting to pay for your child's paid-for place over 8 monthly direct debit payments:
- By renewing your child's transport, you agree that you have read and understood the full Terms and Conditions of Transport and also the Behaviour Protocol which are available above
If you fail to keep up with repayments or cancel your direct debit mandate, you will still be liable to pay any remaining outstanding balance for the rest of the term. The transport pass for your child(ren) will become invalid and will be withdrawn.
- No replacement or future pass(es) will be issued by Buckinghamshire County Council for your child(ren) until any debt owing is repaid.
- BCC reserve the right to disallow you from making any future application for payments, where a previous request to make payments has failed, even when the debt owing has subsequently been repaid.
Lost or damaged bus pass
Your school may issue you a temporary 5 day bus pass while you are waiting for a replacement pass. Contact your school reception.
The cost of a replacement bus pass is £13.00
Refunds and cancellations
- Annual payment and Direct Debit – you will be required to pay for the remainder of the term the cancellation is requested for and any refund due will be issued.
- Paying per term – cancellation mid-term, no refund will be given.
- Paying per half term - cancellation mid-half term, no refund will be given.
Complete the refund request form (PDF) and send to:
Integrated Transport Services
For enquiries on pick up and drop off points, paid for travel, bus passes or any concerns in relation to the transport operator:
Tel: 01296 387439
8am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8am - 5pm Friday (term time)
9am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, 9am - 5pm Friday (non-term time)
For enquiries regarding free transport please use the Contact us form.
Last updated: 8 October 2018