Become a school crossing patroller
School crossing patrollers are valuable members of the community. Currently, there are 60 patrollers in Buckinghamshire devoting their time, morning and afternoon, to helping children safely reach school as well as assisting adults across the road.
We currently have vacancies across the county for more permanent patrollers as well as reliefs who can be available at short notice to stand in if someone is unable to work. Both 'off' and 'on' site training is provided.
The current rate of pay is £10.53 per hour.
We have vacancies at:
- Great Horwood Church of England Combined, High Street, Great Horwood (am and pm shifts)
- Bourton Meadow Academy, (New Site) Burleigh Piece, Buckingham (am and pm shifts)
- St Mary's & All Saints Church of England Primary School, Maxwell Road, Beaconsfield (am and pm shifts)
- Stoke Poges Combined School, Rogers Lane, Stoke Poges (am and pm shifts)
- Chalfont St Giles School, Deans Way, Chalfont St Giles (am and pm shifts)
- Beechview Academy, Hatters Lane, High Wycombe (am and pm shifts)
- St. Peter’s CE School, Minnicroft Road, Burnham (am and pm shifts)
- Elmtree Infant & Nursery School, Elm Tree Hill, Chesham (am and pm shifts)
- Highworth Combined School, Totteridge Lane, High Wycombe (am only) to work with the current patroller in tandem
- Hamilton Primary Academy, Priory Ave, High Wycombe (am and pm shifts)
• Disraeli Combined School, The Pastures, High Wycombe (am shifts)
- Buckingham Primary (cover for afternoons wanted immediately)
For further information, visit our jobs page or get in contact via 01494 586 639 or 01296 383 432.
About school crossing patrols
If your daily journey takes you past a school, especially at the beginning of the school day or the end, allow yourself more time as you may be requested by a patroller to stop, allowing them to cross children and adults safely over the roads.
All drivers have a legal duty to stop when they are shown the stop sign (lollipop). Failing to stop can lead to a £1,000 fine, three penalty points and disqualification.