Secondary Transfer Testing and Grammar schools 2018
2. Testing timeline
Would you like your child to take the Secondary Transfer Test?
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school they will automatically be registered to take the Secondary Transfer Test. If your child goes to any other school you should have registered them for Secondary Transfer Testing by the deadline of 30 June 2017. Late test registration is only available after this date for children moving into the area.
- Children prepare for the test by completing the Familiarisation booklet at home and then by taking the Preparation Test.
- Preparation and Secondary Transfer Tests are taken in September.
- Results are released in October before the secondary school application deadline. If your child does not qualify you will be able to ask for a Selection Review and/or (after 1 March 2018) an Admission Appeal.
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school then you will need to let their headteacher know in writing that you do not want your child to take the Secondary Transfer Test.
Important note - All parents will need to apply for their child’s secondary school place during the first half of the autumn term. Apply to the County or Borough in whose area your child lives. The National Secondary School Application Deadline is 31 October 2017.
Last updated: 30 June 2017