Secondary Transfer Testing 2019
2. Testing timeline
Would you like your child to take the Secondary Transfer Test?
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school they will automatically be registered to take the Secondary Transfer Test. If your child goes to any other school online registration opens on 1 May 2018, 3pm. The registration deadline is 28 June 2018, 3pm.
- Children prepare for the test by completing the Familiarisation booklet at home and then by taking the Preparation Test.
- Preparation and Secondary Transfer Tests are taken in September.
- Results are released in October before the secondary school application deadline. If your child does not qualify you will be able to ask for a Selection Review and/or (after 1 March 2019) an Admission Appeal.
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school then you will need to let their headteacher know in writing that you do not want your child to take the Secondary Transfer Test.
Important note - All parents will need to apply for their child's secondary school place during the first half of the autumn term. Apply to the County or Borough in whose area your child lives. The National Secondary School Application Deadline is 31 October 2018.
Last updated: 24 November 2017