Moving up to secondary school

4/12/2021 6:17:06 PM

13. If you do not need or want the place offered to your child

Your child may no longer need a place in a Buckinghamshire secondary school. This might be because you are moving away or have a place for your child at an independent school. You must let us know by midnight on 14 March 2021 and confirm which school your child will be going to in September.

You can do this online by using our contact us form. This is also the case if you are responding to an offer that has been made in a later allocation round.

You may decide that you do not want to accept the place we have offered your child. If so, let us know if you have made other arrangements for September. Please bear in mind our advice that it is sensible to accept our offer to make sure that your child has a school place for September 2021.

If your child does not need or want the school place offered it is important that you let us know you wish to decline the place.

During August, if our records show that you have still not secured a secondary school place for your child and you have not told us that you have made other arrangements, we will ask the Education Entitlement Team to contact you.

The Education Entitlement Team will have details of the secondary schools in Buckinghamshire that still have places available, and they will discuss your options with you.

We would like to remind the parents of all statutory school age children that it is your legal responsibility to ensure that your child receives a suitable education and that where we believe this may not be the case we will ask the Council’s Education Entitlement Team to check this with you.


Print entire guide

Last updated: 12 April 2021

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good