Late transfer September 2021 entry
2. Testing timeline
2 October 2020
Parents register online for late transfer testing and provide school preference(s).
All communications from us will be to the email address used to make the application.
13 November 2020 by 3pm
Closing date for registering for the test & submitting your school preferences.
Deadline for submitting:
- address evidence, the child has to be resident at this address, on this date, for the address to be used for the first round of allocations
- sibling evidence (please advise us whether your child has a sibling at the preference or linked school. If you do not advise us your child may be ranked incorrectly).
- submitting evidence of Free School Meals (please provide your NI Number, your date of birth and the first 3 letters of your surname, so that we may confirm entitlement).
- a completed ‘Adjustments to Testing’ request form and any relevant evidence. Any request or evidence provided after this date will not be considered.
- exceptional medical and social evidence
16 December 2020
Invitations to sit the test on Saturday 6 February 2021 are sent via email by 5pm
Confirmation of attendance must be returned no later than 23 December 2020.
6 February 2021
Late Transfer Test takes place for any of the 8 grammar schools.
1 April 2021 by 5pm
Results of testing for those who were tested on 6 February will be emailed to parents
The results of all other students who completed the test later will be communicated as soon as possible
1st round allocations are made for children who qualified at the test. Parents will be advised if a grammar school place can be offered.
Parents of those children who did not qualify will be advised what steps they can take next.
Changes of preference will only be accepted between 1 April and 15 April
Students who sat the test on later dates will receive details as soon as possible
15 April 2021
Deadline for changes of preference
Any other change of preference will only be accepted if there is a change of circumstance, eg a change of home address.
14 May 2021 by 5pm
2nd round allocations are made if places are available for qualified students (any address or preference changes provided up until 15 April will be used when re-ranking the waiting lists)
Waiting list positions are advised
Appeals continue. Further allocations are made if places become available.
Last updated: 17 August 2020