Late transfer September 2021 entry
5. Preparation for testing
Your child will take the test at one of the Buckinghamshire grammar schools.
An invitation to test which includes the time, location and any other information you will require for the day of the test, will be emailed to you on 16 December 2020 by 5pm. We will send the email to the email address that you used to register for Late Transfer.
Your child will prepare for the test by completing Familiarisation at home. The Familiarisation provided is online. The online Familiarisation materials contain information about what is in the test. There is also advice about tackling the test and sample questions. This makes sure your child has the chance to see the style of the test and to try out some of the question types.
How parents can best help their children to prepare for the test
- Make sure your child has experience of working quietly on their own. Make sure there are no distractions or interruptions.
- Make sure your child does any homework that is set.
- Help your child to read with understanding.
- You can ask them what certain words mean and what is happening in the passage or book that they are reading.
- You can encourage your child to solve problems or to look up things for themselves.
- Your child can work through the Familiarisation materials.
Last updated: 17 August 2020