Grammar schools and Secondary Transfer Testing - 2022 Entry
2. Would you like your child to take the Secondary Transfer Test?
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school you don’t need to do anything - we register them for the Secondary Transfer Test automatically.
- If your child goes to any other school you will needed to register them for Secondary Transfer Testing.
The registration deadline was 3pm on 24 June 2021
Late registration is only available after this date for children moving into the area.
- Your child will get ready for the test by completing the Familiarisation booklet at home.
- Your child will then take the Practice Test followed by the Secondary Transfer Test in September.
- We let you know your child’s results on 15 October.
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school write to your child’s headteacher to let them know you do not want your child to take the test.
In both cases remember to apply for your child’s secondary school place during the first half of the autumn term. Apply to the County or Borough in whose area your child lives.
The National Secondary School Application Deadline is 31 October 2021.
In case the testing schedule is disrupted we would advise you to still include both grammar schools and upper /all ability schools on your application in the event that results are released after this date.
Last updated: 24 June 2021