Secondary Transfer Test invites will be emailed by 5pm on Wednesday 17 July
Invites will be sent to all out of county school children who have registered for testing.
Grammar schools and Secondary Transfer Testing - 2020 Entry
2. Would you like your child to take the Secondary Transfer Test?
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school you don’t need to do anything - we register them for the Secondary Transfer Test automatically.
- If your child goes to any other school you will need to register them for Secondary Transfer Testing. The registration deadline is 3pm on 27 June 2019. Late registration is only available after this date for children moving into the area.
- Your child will get ready for the test by completing the Familiarisation booklet at home.
- Your child will then take the Practice Test followed by the Secondary Transfer Test in September.
- We let you know your child’s results in October. This will be before the secondary school application deadline.
- If your child goes to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school write to your child’s headteacher to let them know you do not want your child to take the test.
In both cases remember to apply for your child’s secondary school place during the first half of the autumn term. Apply to the County or Borough in whose area your child lives. The National Secondary School Application Deadline is 31 October 2019.
Last updated: 3 May 2019