Selection Review outcome letters
We will be sending Selection Review outcome letters by First Class post on 7 February 2020
Grammar schools and Secondary Transfer Testing - 2020 Entry
14. Exceptional reasons for not qualifying
You may believe that your child did not qualify for grammar school because of an illness or upset in the family. The academic evidence suggests your child would have qualified if not for these exceptional circumstances.
If this is the case, make sure you include third-party evidence to confirm the situation. This might be, for example:
- GP or medical specialist's letter for your child or family member
- letter from an employer to explain a lengthy parental absence (particularly for forces families where a family member has been serving in a combat zone)
- evidence to show significant issues such as the death of a close family member near to the time of the test
- a very recent house/school move.
Please always provide copies not originals.
You should make sure you show that the Secondary Transfer Test results are not as expected.
Also show that your child would be academically able to meet the demands of a grammar school.
When you send us the Headteacher's Selection Review Summary Sheet, as well as your evidence you can also include old school reports.
Do not include school work as the Panel will not consider this.
Last updated: 11 November 2019