Changing school in-year

6/17/2021 3:06:55 PM

2. Changing school if you are not moving house

Please bear with us at this time as we are processing a large number of applications make sure you have checked the timeline to see when you will be notified of the outcome of your application.

There is no guarantee that your preferred school will be able to offer your child a place.

From 1 July we will no longer accept applications for immediate admission for children already in a Buckinghamshire school.  Any application received after this time will be for September admission.

Who you apply to

You will either need to apply directly to the school or to the council. The in-year application checker will let you know who you need to apply to. Please refer to this before making an application. 

Who to apply to

Ensure that you have your evidence 

You will need to upload address evidence with your application . You cannot submit your application without it. You will need to submit a scan or photo of a utility bill dated within the last three months, showing usage

Applying to the Admissions and Transport Team

If your child is currently attending any of the below please complete the online application form.

  • Buckinghamshire local authority school,  
  • independent school
  • out of county school
  • educated at home

Receiving the outcome

For immediate entry

Once your evidence has been approved, your application will be processed. We will email you within 20 school days. 


For September 2021 entry

Once your evidence has been approved, your application will be processed. We will email you depending on when we receive your application. Please see the 2021 timeline for further details.

If you are offered a place

If a place is available at the school you would like your child to attend, you will be sent an email offering you a school place. You will need to accept the offer within 5 days, and contact the school to arrange the start date.

If you are not offered a place at one of your preferred schools

Buckinghamshire residents only - If we are unable to offer your child  a place at one of your preferred schools and your child does not attend a Buckinghamshire local authority school we will offer you a place at the nearest school with a vacancy.

If your child is not offered a place at the school of your first preference, they will be automatically placed on the continuing interest list. This will be for all the other schools which you ranked at a higher preference than the school where you received an offer.

You can also appeal the decision.

Print entire guide

Last updated: 17 June 2021

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good