Changing school in-year
3. Changing school if you are moving house
Please bear with us at this time as we are processing a large number of applications make sure you have checked the timeline to see when you will be notified of the outcome of your application,
There is no guarantee that your preferred school will be able to offer your child a place.
Step 1: Who you apply to
You will either need to apply directly to the school or to the council. The in-year application checker will let you know who you need to apply to.
Step 2: Ensure that you have your evidence
You will need to upload your supporting documentary evidence with your application . You cannot submit your application without it. Please ensure you know what evidence you will need to provide and that you have an electronic copy of this evidence before you start to complete the application.
Step 3: Make the application
Complete the online application form. Once you have submitted your application you will receive an acknowledgment email that will confirm that we have your application.
Step 4: We will email you
We will review your application and we will email you to let you know:
- That we require further evidence. You will be required to log in and submit this via your application. Please download our Tracking My Application & Further Evidence guidance notes to assist you.
- We are processing your application and we will advise you when we will write to you.
Step 5: You can view your application online
Just log in and select ‘Track your requests’ so you can
- Track the status of your application
- if requested provide further information
- view the date that you will hear from us once we have received a complete application
Step 6: We will write to you
Your application will be processed, and we will write to you depending on when we have received your application.
Last updated: 29 April 2021