Changing school in-year
3. Changing school if you are moving house
Please read the In Year Admission Guide before you start.
There is no guarantee that we will be able to offer your child a place at your preferred school.
If you wish to make an in year application starting in September 2019 please see our timeline.
Step 1: Who you apply to
You will either need to apply directly to the school or to the council. The in-year application checker will let you know who you need to apply to.
Step 2: Ensure that you have your evidence
You will need to upload your supporting documentary evidence with your application . You cannot submit your application without it. Please ensure you know what evidence you will need to provide and that you have an electronic copy of this evidence before you start to complete the application.
Step 3: Make the application
Complete the online application form. Once you have submitted your application you will receive an acknowledgment email that will confirm that we have your application. Please download our In Year Application Guide to assist you through the process of making an application.
Step 4: We will email you
We will review your application and we will email you to let you know:
- That we require further evidence. You will be required to log in and submit this via your application. Please download our Tracking My Application & Further Evidence guidance notes to assist you.
- We are processing your application and we will write to you within 20 school days.
Step 5: You can view your application online
Just log in and select ‘Track your requests’ so you can
- Track the status of your application
- if requested provide further information
- view the date that you will hear from us once we have received a complete application
Step 6: We will write to you
Your application will be processed, and we will aim to write to you within 20 school days.
Last updated: 18 December 2018