3. Portage Service (home visiting service for children 0- 5 years old )
Portage is an Early Educational Programme supporting families with a young child who has a significant developmental delay and/or special need within their home environment.
- a developmental assessment of a child’s current and emerging skills
- the programme will identify and work towards achieving long term goals to support a child's development
- a small step approach to learning through play
- working in partnership with parents/carers
- regular visits to a child's home
- joint working with other agencies and therapists
The emphasis is on celebrating success. In between visits the parent/carer is expected to practice the activities with their children. The Portage Worker will complete regular assessments, attend professional meetings and complete written reports as appropriate.
Buckinghamshire Portage Service
Buckinghamshire County Council
King George V House
King George V Road
Last updated: 14 October 2019