Funded childcare for 2-year-olds in Buckinghamshire

Funded childcare is available for eligible 2-year-olds, for 15 hours a week during the school term.

Apply for two-year-old funding

Children will have fun, in a safe and nurturing environment and it will help them to socialise and make friends.

If your child is eligible, they can take up a place. This will be at the start of the term following their second birthday.

When you can start

The date you can start a funded place depends on your child’s birthday.

Child's birthday

When you can start early education funding

1 January to 31 March

The beginning of Summer term on or after 1 April

1 April to 31 August

The beginning of Autumn term on or after 1 September

1 September to 31 December

The beginning of Spring term on or after 1 January

Eligibility for your 2-year-old

Your 2-year-old can get funded early education and childcare if you receive one of the following:

  • income Support
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) based on income.
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) related to income.
  • Universal Credit
  • tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • you are a Zambrano Carer
  • you have no recourse to public funds and with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private/family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights

Your child can also get funded early education and childcare if any of the following apply:

  • they’re looked after by a local council
  • they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
  • they get Disability Living Allowance
  • they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
  • they're a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act)

Apply for 2-year-old childcare in Buckinghamshire

If you believe you are eligible, please complete the 2 year old funding application form

Application form: apply for two year old funding

Lost reference code

If you have already applied but have lost your 6 digit reference code please email

Find childcare providers

If you are eligible, you will be sent a confirmation letter. You can take this to any of the approved childcare providers.

Help to find a childcare place

The Early Years Brokerage Service provides help to families who are unable to find a 2-year-old funded place. We will discuss your needs and provide advice and information on the availability of places in your area.

Apply for help from the Brokerage Service

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good