Funded childcare for 2-year-olds in Buckinghamshire
Children will have fun, in a safe and nurturing environment and it will help them to socialise and make friends.
If your child is eligible, they can take up a place. This will be at the start of the term following their second birthday.
When you can start
The date you can start a funded place depends on your child’s birthday.
When you can start early education funding
1 January to 31 March
The beginning of Summer term on or after 1 April
1 April to 31 August
The beginning of Autumn term on or after 1 September
1 September to 31 December
The beginning of Spring term on or after 1 January
Eligibility for your 2-year-old
Your 2-year-old can get funded early education and childcare if you receive one of the following:
- income Support
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) based on income.
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) related to income.
- Universal Credit
- tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- you are a Zambrano Carer
- you have no recourse to public funds and with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private/family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
Your child can also get funded early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
- they’re looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
- they're a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act)
Apply for 2-year-old childcare in Buckinghamshire
If you believe you are eligible, please complete the 2 year old funding application form
Lost reference code
If you have already applied but have lost your 6 digit reference code please email email@example.com.
Find childcare providers
If you are eligible, you will be sent a confirmation letter. You can take this to any of the approved childcare providers.
Help to find a childcare place
The Early Years Brokerage Service provides help to families who are unable to find a 2-year-old funded place. We will discuss your needs and provide advice and information on the availability of places in your area.
Apply for help from the Brokerage Service