Funded childcare for 2-year-olds in Buckinghamshire
Children will have fun, in a safe and nurturing environment and it will help them to socialise and make friends.
If your child is eligible, they can take up a place at the start of the term following their second birthday.
When you can start
The date you can start a funded place depends on your child’s birthday.
When you can start early education funding
1 January to 31 March
The beginning of Summer term on or after 1 April
1 April to 31 August
The beginning of Autumn term on or after 1 September
1 September to 31 December
The beginning of Spring term on or after 1 January
Eligibility for your 2-year-old
Your 2-year-old can get funded early education and childcare if you receive one of the following:
- income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Your child can also get funded early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
- they’re looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
Apply for 2-year-old childcare in Buckinghamshire
If you believe you are eligible, please complete the 2 year old funding application form
Lost reference code
If you have already applied but have lost your 6 digit reference code please email email@example.com.
Find childcare providers
If you are eligible, you will be sent a confirmation letter which you can take to any of the approved childcare providers.
Help to find a childcare place
The Early Years Brokerage Service provides help to families who are unable to find a 2-year-old funded place. We will discuss your needs and provide advice and information on the availability of places in your area.
Apply for help from the Brokerage Service