Skip to main content

Apply for a licence for children in entertainment

Regulated under the Children Young Person Act 1933/63 and the Children (Performances and Activities) (England) Regulations 2014.

By law all children from birth to the time they cease to be of compulsory school age may require a licence to perform. The production company is responsible for completing and submitting the licence application.

Find out more about child performance regulations at our national site:

These performances include:

  • Theatre, panto
  • Films, TV
  • Commercials, video, internet for commercial purposes
  • Member of a band/choir/dance show
  • Modelling – all types, broadcast and non-broadcast
  • Amateur dramatics
  • Broadcast dance/singing competitions

A licence is not required for children performing in a production produced by a maintained, academy or independent school. 


Useful Link


Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good
Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK