Bucks SENDIAS Service
6. Children and young people's adviser
Are you a child or young person with a special educational need or disability?
If you are 25 or under and have a special educational need or disability, Bucks SEND Information, Advice and Support Service offers:
- information, advice and support on education, health and social care
- help with getting your views heard
- help to find out what support is available for you and opportunities in the local area
Youth Voice: Special Educational Needs and Disability (Bucks SEND Youth Forum)
If you are aged between 12 and 25, are disabled or have a specific need, then ‘Youth Voice: Special Educational Needs and Disability’ wants to hear from you.
This forum is a place where young people aged 12-25 have the opportunity to get their voice heard. The group discuss topics important to them. All responses are fed back to help improve the lives of those living with a disability or a specific need.
Find out further details on the Bucks Family Information Service website.
When do we meet?
The forum usually meets on the 1st Monday of every month.
4:30pm to 6pm
A representative from Bucks SENDIAS Service often attends.
- CAMHS – young people’s website CAMHS helps young children and young people overcome emotional difficulties in their lives.
- Children and Families Act – guide for young people
- CYP IASS Network - Information, advice and support services for children and young people
- Finding out about support near you
- Finding out what support you need
- Getting the right kind of support
- Get Your Rights - Decisions about healthcare for children and young people
- Information, advice and support for you
- Keeping what you say private
- NHS Go - Health information and advice for young people. Developed by young people for young people
- Personal Budget - what is it?
- Post 16 - Education in Bucks - your stories (SEND)
- Post 16 support factsheet
- Your people's activities on the Local Offer for SEND
- Children and Young People's Adviser Poster (PDF)
Last updated: 19 June 2020