Bucks SENDIAS Service
6. Children and young people's adviser
Are you a child or young person with a special educational need or disability?
If you are 25 or under and have a special educational need or disability, Bucks SEND Information, Advice and Support Service offers:
- information, advice and support on education, health and social care
- help with getting your views heard
- help to find out what support is available for you and opportunities in the local area
Youth Voice: Special Educational Needs and Disability (Bucks SEND Youth Forum)
If you are aged between 12 and 25, are disabled or have a specific need, then ‘Youth Voice: Special Educational Needs and Disability’ wants to hear from you.
This forum is a place where young people aged 12-25 have the opportunity to get their voice heard. The group discuss topics important to them. All responses are fed back to help improve the lives of those living with a disability or a specific need.
Find out further details on the Bucks Family Information Service website.
When do we meet?
The forum usually meets on the 1st Monday of every month.
Bucks County Council
4:30pm to 6pm
A representative from Bucks SENDIAS Service often attends.
- CAMHS – young people’s website CAMHS helps young children and young people overcome emotional difficulties in their lives.
- CDC – Links to lots of information and support to help you with decisions that affect you
- Children and Families Act – guide for young people
- CYP IASS Network - Information, advice and support services for children and young people
- EHC Plan Factsheet
- Finding out about support near you
- Finding out what support you need
- Getting the right kind of support
- Get Your Rights - Decisions about healthcare for children and young people
- Information, advice and support for you
- Keeping what you say private
- Making Decisions
- NHS Go - Health information and advice for young people. Developed by young people for young people
- Personal Budget - what is it?
- Post 16 - Education in Bucks - your stories (SEND)
- Post 16 support factsheet
- The Local Offer
- Videos on your rights
- When people can’t agree
- Your people's activities on the Local Offer for SEND
- Children and Young People's Adviser Poster (PDF)
Last updated: 22 October 2019