Bucks SEND IAS Service
6. Children and Young People's Adviser
Are you a child or young person with a special educational need or disability?
If you are 25 or under and have a special educational need or disability, the Children and Young People’s Adviser at Bucks SEND Information, Advice and Support Service can offer you:
- Information, advice and support on Education, Health and Social Care
- Help with getting your views heard
- Help to find out what support is available for you and opportunities in the local area.
Bucks SEND Youth Forum
If you are aged between 12 and 25, are disabled or have a specific need, then we want to hear your voice! The Bucks SEND Youth Forum is a place where young people aged 12-25 have the opportunity to get their voice heard. The group discuss topics important to them. All responses are fed back to help improve the lives of those living with a disability or a specific need.
The Forum usually meets on the 1st Monday of every month at Bucks County Council, Aylesbury 4.30pm- 6pm. Please contact Emily Dover (Youth Worker, Disability Participation) to check on arrangements and find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org 01296 382583. A representative from Bucks SEND IAS Service often attends.
- Videos on your rights
- SEND reforms: What children and young people need to know
- Local Offers and EHC plans
- Get Your Rights - Decisions about healthcare for children and young people
- CYP IASS Network - Information, advice and support services for children and young people
- CAMHS – young people’s website: www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/fresh CAMHS helps young children and young people overcome emotional difficulties in their lives.
- CDC – Links to lots of information and support to help you with decisions that affect you.
- NHS Go - Health information and advice for young people. Developed by young people for young people.
- Post 16 - Education in Bucks - your stories (SEND)
- Your people's activities on the Local Offer for SEND
- Children and Families Act – guide for young people
- Keeping what you say private
- Finding out what support you need
- Information, advice and support for you
- Getting the right kind of support
- Personal Budget - what is it?
- Finding out about support near you
- SEND Reforms explained
- Post 16 Support Factsheet
- EHC Plan Factsheet
- The Local Offer
- Making Decisions
Jennifer Ogley, Children and Young People's Adviser
01296 383754 (24 hour answerphone)
Last updated: 6 November 2017