Resources for Schools
3. Web based learning
To find new ways of bringing archives into the classroom, the Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies is developing a series of PDF files which comprise scanned images of records, explanatory text and ideas for classroom use. Topics have been chosen to fit in with the QCA history schemes and may be used in all Key Stages.
PDFs are available on:
Crime and Punishment in Victorian Times: Aylesbury Prison
Buckinghamshire Home Front during World War I
- WW1 Home Front introduction
- WW1 Home Front recruitment
- WW1 Home Front volunteer defence forces
- WW1 Home Front agriculture and industry
- WW1 Home Front domestic front
- WW1 Home Front end of the war
- WW1 Home Front bibliography
Buckinghamshire during the Second World War (including evacuation, schools, the armed forces, bombing in Bucks, farming and rationing).
Last updated: 19 April 2017