Our collections cover today's Buckinghamshire, as well as those areas of the county that are now in Berkshire and Milton Keynes.
Our collections include records from a range of organisations:
- Church of England and Nonconformist churches including registers of baptism, marriage and burial
- Around 35,000 wills proved by the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- County and District Councils
- Quarter and Petty Session courts
- Landed estates of families including the Aubrey-Fletchers, Hampdens, Carringtons and Fremantles
- Historic maps including OS, tithe and inclosure maps
We also hold:
- A wide range of local history books, some for loan.
- Pamphlets and articles of local history interest.
- Local newspapers
- Computers for access to family history resources like Ancestry and FreedBMD.
Published material is listed in the Library Catalogue.
Our Archives collections are listed in our online catalogue