Restricted Access to Collections
The Archives searchroom is now open again following flood damage. However, access to some collections is still limited, particularly parts of our collections of inclosure maps, wills, parish registers and motor vehicle licensing records. Please contact us on 01296 382587 or email@example.com before visiting.
Our collections cover today's Buckinghamshire, as well as those areas of the county that are now in Berkshire and Milton Keynes.
Our collections include records from a range of organisations:
- Church of England and Nonconformist churches including registers of baptism, marriage and burial
- Around 35,000 wills proved by the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- County and District Councils
- Quarter and Petty Session courts
- Landed estates of families including the Aubrey-Fletchers, Hampdens, Carringtons and Fremantles
- Historic maps including OS, tithe and inclosure maps
We also hold:
- A wide range of local history books, some for loan.
- Pamphlets and articles of local history interest.
- Local newspapers
- Computers for access to family history resources like Ancestry and FreedBMD.
Published material is listed in the Library Catalogue.
Our Archives collections are listed in our online catalogue