Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies December and Christmas closures
Due to stocktaking and the Christmas holidays we will only be open on two days between 16 December 2019 and 1 January 2020. We will be open as normal on 24 December and 31 December.
Local history collections
Our collections cover today's Buckinghamshire, as well as those areas of the county that are now in Berkshire and Milton Keynes.
Our collections include records from a range of organisations:
- Church of England and Nonconformist churches including registers of baptism, marriage and burial
- Around 35,000 wills proved by the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- County and District Councils
- Quarter and Petty Session courts
- Landed estates of families including the Aubrey-Fletchers, Hampdens, Carringtons and Fremantles
- Historic maps including OS, tithe and inclosure maps
We also hold:
- A wide range of local history books, some for loan.
- Pamphlets and articles of local history interest.
- Local newspapers
- Computers for access to family history resources like Ancestry and FreedBMD.
Published material is listed in the Library Catalogue.
Our Archives collections are listed in our online catalogue