1. Volunteering with Buckinghamshire Archives
This is where we advertise current opportunities to volunteer with us on specific projects; these opportunities are a great way to get involved with our work, whether you are thinking about getting started in a career in Heritage/Archives, looking for a new project to dive into, or wanting to meet new people.
Volunteer Opportunity: Parasport Box Listing Project 2021
Buckinghamshire Archives is looking for volunteers to help list our internationally important collections documenting the history of Parasports. You will be box listing, which is the first crucial step in understanding and organising a collection.
- you can usually be able to give at least three hours a week to volunteering at Buckinghamshire Archives, Aylesbury, preferably on a Monday or a Friday
- you have your own laptop (not essential)
- you are familiar with using Microsoft Excel
- you will have good attention to detail;
- be methodical and consistent
You will get:
- experience of listing archive records and contributing to finding aids for researchers
- training in box listing and handling archive material
- experience of volunteering in a county archive
Want to find out more? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Why become a volunteer?
Buckinghamshire Archives is home to the memory of Buckinghamshire: we collect, care for and present the written and photographic history of the county. We are a friendly and welcoming team, but don’t just take our word for it, listen to some of our current volunteers talk about their time spent with us, recorded in June 2021: