Scheme pensioners

1. Scheme pensioners

Our pensioners include retired local government employees, dependants of deceased former members (husband, wife, civil partner, nominated cohabiting partner or child) and people who have been awarded a pension on divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership with an LGPS member.

Pensions are taxable and are paid monthly, directly into your bank. We will issue your P60 by the end of May each year. Your P60 is a summary of your pay and tax details for the tax year. Don't throw these away as we are unable to re-issue original P60s.


Pensioner pay dates 2020 to 2021

Thursday 30 April 2020
Friday 29 May 2020
Tuesday 30 June 2020
Friday 31 July 2020
Friday 28 August 2020
Wednesday 30 September 2020
Friday 30 October 2020
Monday 30 November 2020
Thursday 31 December 2020
Friday 29 January 2021
Friday 26 February 2021
Wednesday 31 March 2021

If you have any tax queries, you should contact the tax office on 0300 200 3300, or by post to the address provided below. Please quote the relevant tax office reference number:

Local Government Pension Scheme  Tax reference 120/JZ56432

If you change any of your personal details, such as your address, the bank/building society account your pension is paid into, name or marital status, please notify us of your new details to ensure you continue to receive your pension.


Pension payslips

We send a payslip to all our pensioners in May and September to confirm that the address we hold is still current.

If payslips are returned by Royal Mail we will suspend payment of the pension until we hear from you. If you move, you can update your address online, or by writing to us. If you write to us, for audit purposes, please sign your letter.


Death Grant nominations

In some cases a death grant may be payable to a nominated person(s) or charitable trust.

You can tell us who you would like to nominate via your ‘my pension online’ account, or by completing an expression of wish form, which can be found in our guides forms and booklets section.


Bank account changes

If your bank or building society returns a payment to us, your pension will be suspended until we hear from you.

For security and audit purposes you must make a written request for any changes to your bank details. Bank account changes cannot be taken over the telephone, by email or be updated online. If you are notifying us of a change in bank details, please also confirm the exact name(s) in which the account is held. Please send any bank account changes by the 15th of the month to meet our payroll deadline.

To avoid unnecessary delay, always quote your pension payroll number or National Insurance number, your full name and please ensure that your letter is signed. You can usually continue to receive your pension if you move abroad. Contact us to arrange this.

Registering for “my pension online” will give you 24-hour access to your P60, your payslips and will allow you to change your address details online. Register now.


Postal address

Pensions and Investments Team
Buckinghamshire Council
Walton Street Offices
Walton Street
HP20 1UD

Print entire guide

Last updated: 16 June 2020

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good