The Local Government Pension Scheme Regulations (2013) require the Buckinghamshire County Council Pension Fund (BCCPF) to publish the following policy statements.
Administering authority discretionary policy
Our administering authority discretionary policy is provided below, and outlines the Fund’s position on a number of LGPS discretions.
Communication policy statement
This outlines the fund's position on:
- The provision of information and publicity about the Scheme to members, employers and representatives of members participating in the Fund.
- The promotion of the Scheme to prospective members and their employing authorities.
- The format, frequency and method of distributing such information or publicity
- Our communication with Fund staff
This communication policy statement is reviewed every three years in line with the triennial valuation and a revised version will be re-published following any material change.
Data improvement plan
This plan aims to address data quality issues for both common and scheme specific data, as identified in the Annual Data Quality Report. It will set out the steps we will take in order to address the errors identified and the processes that will be undertaken to correct these errors.
Governance policy statement and Compliance statement
- whether the administering authority delegates its functions in relation to the pension fund to a committee, a sub-committee or an officer of the Council; and where this is the case, details of:
- the frequency of any committee's meetings;
- the terms of reference, structure and operational procedures in relation to the use of delegated powers;
- whether the committee includes representatives of employers or scheme members; and if so, whether they have voting rights.
They set out our arrangements for discharging our responsibilities for pension fund matters. Our pension fund governance statements are available for download below.
Pension administration strategy
This outlines the administering authority's position on:
- The procedures for liaison between administering authority and participating employers.
- The required levels of performance for both the administering authority and participating employers and action to be taken where targets are not met.
Our pension fund pension administration strategy is available for download below.
Reporting breaches of law policy
This document sets out the procedures to be followed by certain persons involved with the Buckinghamshire County Council Pension Fund, in relation to reporting breaches of the law to the Pensions Regulator. The policy can be downloaded below.