My pension online
My pension online is our free self-service portal allowing you to access to your Buckinghamshire Local Government Pension Scheme pension account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Benefits of registering for 'my pension online'
Whether you’re an active, deferred or pensioner member, ‘my pension online’ can help you manage your Buckinghamshire LGPS pension benefits.
With ‘my pension online’ you can:
- update your contact details and make sure you never lose track of your pension
- make or change a nomination for your death grant
- check the information we hold about you
- receive your pension benefit statements as soon as they are ready
- plan for your retirement by running your own pension benefit estimates
- get an idea of how much your loved ones could receive when you die
- access your payslips once your pension is in payment
- send information to us securely and safely
Choosing to manage your pension online will also mean less paper for you to manage at home. All your pension statements and letters will be kept in one place, available whenever you need them. ‘My pension online’ is environmentally friendly. By registering, you’re also helping us to reduce our paper output too.
Register for ‘my pension online’
To register for ‘my pension online’, you will need to have your date of birth, national insurance number and your email address to hand. We recommend that you use a personal email address rather than a work one. That way you’ll be able to access your account if you leave your job or retire. Once you have these, you’re ready to get started. Just follow these 4 easy steps to start managing your pension online:
- Go to the registration page and click ‘I’d like to register for online access’.
- Enter your details, check you agree to our terms and conditions and click ‘sign up’.
- Check your inbox for an email containing your activation link. When you receive this, you’ll be able to click the link to complete your registration.
- Now you can choose a username and password. Keep these safe, you’ll need to these login.
Once you’ve completed these 4 steps, the registration process is complete!
Your confirmation email
If we already have your email address, you will receive the email containing your activation link straight away. If we don’t already hold an email address for you, or the email address you are registering with is different to the one we already hold, you will need to wait for a member of the team to issue your activation link to you. This can mean a short delay before you receive your activation link, so keep an eye on your inbox.
Sometimes the email containing the activation link goes to the junk mail folder. This is due to the security settings of certain email account providers. If you don’t receive your activation link instantly, and you know we already have your email address, then be sure to check your junk mail. Your activation link will be emailed from email@example.com Please add this to your address book or safe sender list.
We’re here to help you
If you forget your username or password, you’ll be able to reset these yourself. If you experience any problems accessing ‘my pension online’ please do contact us, we’ll be happy to help. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01296 383 755 Monday -Thursday 9am-5.30pm and Friday 9am-5pm.
Opting out of my pension online
All documents are automatically issued to ‘my pension online’ including payslips for pensioner members and Annual Benefit Statements for deferred and active members. However, if you wish to opt out of ‘my pension online’ you must notify us in writing. Please ensure this letter contains your full name and national insurance number so we can find your record, as well as your signature to authenticate the request.