1. Investment and fund management
Buckinghamshire Council is the administering authority for Buckinghamshire Pension Fund. The Pension Fund Committee (PFC) is responsible for:
- the overall investment objectives for the Fund
- the Fund’s Investment Strategy Statement
- the Fund’s asset allocation policy
- approving the Funding Strategy Statement
- approving the Investment Strategy Statement
- approving the Governance Compliance Statement
- approving the Pension Administration Strategy
- approving the Communications Policy
- monitoring Fund performance
- monitoring Scheme Governance
- the appointment of firms to provide investment and actuarial advice to the Fund
- monitoring the performance of Brunel in delivering investment services to the Fund (see investment pooling)
- make representations to the Brunel Oversight Board on matters of concern regarding the service provided by Brunel and the performance of its portfolios
- any other matters relating to the management and investment of the Pension Fund, as requested
Fund managers and the custodian bank are appointed and monitored by Brunel Pension Partnership.
The PFC is made up of of 9 members, including a representative from Milton Keynes Council and Thames Valley Police.
You can find out more about the Committee, dates of meetings, agendas and minutes on the democratic services section of the Buckinghamshire Council website.
Pension fund committee members
Timothy Butcher (Chairman)
John Gladwin (Vice-Chairman)
Norman Miles (representing Milton Keynes Council)
Matthew Barber (representing Thames Valley Police)
Mercer Investment Consulting
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management
Legal & General Investment Management
Pantheon Private Equity
Royal London Asset Management
Standard Life Investments
For more information on the policies that govern the fund's approach to responsible long-term investment, view our sustainability statement.
Sustainability statement PDF, 152KB
Last updated: 10 November 2020