Buckinghamshire Pension Board
Each Administering Authority is required, under the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) regulations, to establish a local pension board to assist with governance and administration.
The Buckinghamshire Pension Board was initially established in 2015 under the previous authority, Buckinghamshire County Council, before being re-established in 2020 under the new authority, Buckinghamshire Council.
All meetings, minutes and agendas can be downloaded from the democratic services section of the Buckinghamshire Council website.
The board's membership consists of an equal number of member and employer representatives. A chair and vice-chair is elected to ensure the board delivers in its role and board members are able reach decisions effectively. The current elected board members are listed below:
- Steve Mason (Chair), Scheme member representative firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roona Ellis (Vice-Chair), Scheme employer representative email@example.com
- Bev Black, Scheme employer representative Bev.Black@buckinghamshire.gov.uk
- Pete Dearden, Scheme member representative firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe McGovern, Scheme member representative email@example.com
- Tina Pearce, Scheme member representative Tina.Pearce@buckinghamshire.gov.uk
- Ian Thompson, Scheme employer representative Ian.Thompson@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
- Lisa Wheaton, Scheme employer representative Lisa.Wheaton@milton-keynes.gov.uk
Board members are required to operate according to the Terms of Reference, declare and manage any conflicts of interest under the Conflicts Policy and perform their duties whilst maintaining the principles in the Code of Conduct.
They are also required to maintain adequate knowledge of scheme regulations and legal requirements relating to pensions. This requirement is set out in the Knowledge and Understanding Framework.
These policies are reviewed annually and can be downloaded below:
The board is reviewed annually to ensure it is meeting its objectives, as well as functioning in accordance with regulatory requirements. These are available to download below: