1. Statement of accounts
Public Inspection of Buckinghamshire Council unaudited Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2022
The draft statement of accounts for 2021/2022 isn't complete yet due to delays in the audit of our 2020/2021 accounts.
We will not be able to start the exercise of public rights of inspection for the unaudited statement of accounts for the year ended 31 March 2022 in accordance with Regulation 15, of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234) as amended by the Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2021 (SI 2021/263).
As per Regulation 15 (2a), this notification explains that we are unable to publish our draft statement of accounts for 2021 to 2022 in line with the publication date of 31 July 2022. In accordance with Regulation 15 (2b), we are unable to set the period for the exercise of public rights. Officers are continuing to work hard to ensure the audit work for 2020/2021 is completed and the draft statement of accounts for 2021/2022 is completed as soon as possible.
We will publish the draft statement of accounts for the year ended 31 March 2022 and a notice detailing the public inspection period as soon as possible.
External audit of accounts: year ended 31 March 2021
Publication of Buckinghamshire Council's statement of accounts and audit opinion.
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 – Regulation 10, as amended by
The Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2021
The audit of the draft statement of accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021 for Buckinghamshire Council has not yet been completed by the external auditors, Grant Thornton UK LLP. The Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2021 require that the audited accounts and opinion are published by 30 September 2021.
The delay has arisen due to a combination of factors, comprising the following:
- the impact of Covid-19 on both the complexity of the audit and pace at which it can be completed
- the inherent complexity of our 2020 to 2021 statement of accounts which covers the first year of existence for the new Buckinghamshire Council
- the increased assurance work that auditors are required to carry out nationally with respect to pensions and asset valuations
We continue to work closely with the external auditor to ensure the required work is completed followed by the publication of statement of accounts and audit opinion as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Therefore, this notice of delayed audit is being published in accordance with Regulation 10, paragraph (2a) of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.
Our Audit and Governance Committee was formally advised of this matter on 29 September 2021 and subject to the delegations agreed at this committee the final audited accounts will be published as soon as the audit is concluded.
Previous statement of accounts
- 2019-20 statement of accounts PDF, 1.32MB
- Signed Letter of Representation PDF, 1.45MB
- PF Signed Letter of Representation PDF, 1.36MB
- 2018-19 statement of account
- 2018-19 annual governance statement
- 2017-18 annual governance statement
- 2017-18 Statement of Accounts (including Pension Fund)
- 2017-18 audit certificate
- 2016-17 statement of accounts
- 2015-16 statement of accounts
- 2014-15 statement of accounts
- 2013-14 statement of accounts
- 2012-13 statement of accounts
Statement of accounts for our previous districts
As of 1 April 2020, the above four local areas, and the former county council, now form Buckinghamshire Council. A shadow authority was established to help manage this transitional period.