1. Draft statement of accounts 2019/20
Buckinghamshire County Council is required by the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 to publish a Statement of Accounts at the end of each financial year, setting out the financial position of the council and the transactions that have been made during the year. You have the right to inspect these accounts, and the associated documents, in accordance with the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014.
For the financial year 2019/20, the above regulations have been amended by The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020. As a result of the amendment to the regulations, the requirement for the public inspection period to include the first ten working days in June has been removed. Local authorities must instead commence the public inspection period on or before the first working day of September 2020. Draft accounts must be approved by 31 August 2020. The publication date for audited accounts has also been moved, from 31 July to 30 November 2020 for all local authorities.
The statement of accounts: Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
In response to the coronavirus outbreak, the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government has issued revised Accounts and Audit regulations for the Statement of Accounts 2019 to 2020.
The requirement for the public inspection period to include the first ten working days in June has been removed. Instead local authorities must commence the public inspection period on or before the first working day of September 2020. This means that draft accounts must be approved by 31 August 2020.
The publication date for audited accounts has moved from 31 July to 30 November 2020 for all local authority bodies.
We published our unaudited Statement of Accounts on Friday 28 August 2020.
The period for the exercise of public rights will commence at 9am on the 1 September 2020 and conclude at 4pm on the 12 October 2020.
Details of its availability are contained in the Public Inspection Notice (PDF, 96.8KB).
During the inspection period queries on the accounts or requests for documentation can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement of accounts
- BCC Statement of Accounts 2019-20 PDF, 1.32MB
- BCC Signed Letter of Representation PDF, 1.45MB
- BCC PF Signed Letter of Representation PDF, 1.36MB
- 2018-19 statement of account
- 2018-19 annual governance statement
- 2017-18 annual governance statement
- 2017-18 Statement of Accounts (including Pension Fund)
- 2017-18 audit certificate
- 2016-17 statement of accounts
- 2015-16 statement of accounts
- 2014-15 statement of accounts
- 2013-14 statement of accounts
- 2012-13 statement of accounts
Statement of accounts for our previous district councils
- Aylesbury Vale District Council
- Chiltern District Council
- South Bucks District Council
- Wycombe District Council
As of 1 April 2020, the above four district councils and the county council now form Buckinghamshire Council. A shadow authority was established to help manage this transitional period.
Last updated: 29 December 2020