Be A County Councillor
5. What help would I get as a County Councillor?
As a County Councillor you will supported in your role by
- A programme of induction training & knowledge sessions for new Councillors
- Regular briefings and ongoing training for all Councillors on key issues throughout the year
- Professional, impartial advice and support from Council officers
- ICT equipment and support to enable you to work effectively remotely and digitally
- Mentors and buddies
- Information about key people and services
- A dedicated online ‘one stop shop’ for Councillors
As a Councillor, you are also entitled to a basic allowance, currently of £11,063 per annum. Further information on allowances.
Print entire guide
Last updated: 8 December 2017