Skip to main content

Children and young people social care compliments, complaints and comments

If you would like to tell us about something good then we want to hear from you. Likewise, if there is a problem, then we want to hear about this too. This gives us the opportunity to learn and continue to improve our services.

Unhappy with a service or care you are receiving?

If you have any concerns about a service, please speak to the appropriate member of staff as soon as possible. You could also contact their manager to discuss your dissatisfaction. Most concerns are dealt with quickly and successfully in this way.

Who can make a complaint under the Children’s Services complaints procedure?

You can make a complaint if you are a:

  • child or young person in need, or in care
  • care leaver
  • parent or person with parental responsibility
  • foster carer
  • a person considered to have sufficient interest in a child's or young person's welfare.

How to make a formal complaint using the statutory complaints procedure

Put your complaint in writing to the Compliments and Complaints Team setting out what has happened and what resolution you are seeking to put things right.  


Write to: Compliments & Complaints Team

Buckinghamshire County Council
County Hall
HP20 1UA

Alternatively if you are unable to use one of these methods you can make a complaint verbally by contacting the Complaints Team. Telephone 01296 387844 and a member of the Complaints Team will be able to assist you.

Further guidance

View our downloadable leaflet Have Your Say - Young Person's guide to telling us what you think’ which sets out details on what you can expect from raising a complaint under this procedure.  

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good
Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK