Complain about a Councillor

Member conduct 

The Council is committed to promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct amongst its Members and has adopted a Code of Conduct setting out the conduct it expects of its Members as they carry out that role.

Making a complaint 

If you wish to make a complaint about the behaviour of a Buckinghamshire County Councillor, please complete the online form, email or write to:

The Monitoring Officer
County Hall
Buckinghamshire County Council
Walton Street
HP20 1UA


Complete the online form

The Monitoring Officer is the senior member of the Council’s staff who has responsibility for administering the system in respect of complaints about member conduct.

Please note:

  • Only written complaints will be considered
  • The Council will require a name and a contact address or email address to acknowledge receipt of the complaint and keep you informed of progress. The Council does not normally investigate anonymous complaints, unless there is a clear public interest in doing so
  • Only in very exceptional cases will the Council be able to progress a complaint to an investigation without disclosing the identity of the complainant to the Member
  • If the complaint is primarily about a corporate decision or a service complaint, it will be referred for handling under the Council’s general complaints procedure

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good