Skip to main content

Ask for personal information

Under the Data Protection Act (DPA) you have the right to know what information the Council holds about you. Requesting this information is known as a 'subject access request'. 

Make a request 

To make a request, you will need to provide:

  • Information about you - such as previous names and addresses
  • Information about the service we provided to you and when
  • Proof of your current address (a recent utility bill or bank statement)
  • Proof of your identity (a driving licence or passport)

Make a request

If you are asking for personal information about someone else, you will need to provide evidence that you are allowed to do this. For example, proof that you have lasting power of attorney or are the legal parent or guardian. 

What happens next?

We will acknowledge your request and may ask you to provide details of specific information you require together with relevant dates. We will also provide you with details we need to prove your identity.

Once you have confirmed who you are we will respond to your request within 40 working days of receipt of your proof of identity.


We may charge you a fee for providing the information you request. If there is any cost involved, we will tell you about the fees involved before providing any information so you can choose whether to proceed or not.

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good
Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK