Skip to main content
Check for closures to schools and other services

If there is heavy snow in your area, please check School closures and select your school for more information, including bus routes.

To view other closures please see our snow and winter weather page.

Settling in Buckinghamshire

Being a member of the Armed Forces - whether current, retired or returning to civilian life - and moving into a new area can be challenging.

Useful organisations


What's on offer

The Buckinghamshire Family Information Services

The Buckinghamshire Family Information Service (BFIS) has information on local childcare, services, activities and events.


Our Veterans Support page has information on what is out there to support Veterans in Buckinghamshire.

RAF Families Federation

The RAF Families Federation represents the views and concerns of RAF regular and reserve personnel and their family members on the issues that affect them as part of a RAF family. Whether you are in uniform yourself, a spouse, a partner, a parent, a child or a sibling of a member of the RAF, they are here to act on your behalf.


The South East Reserve Forces' and Cadets' Association offers support to Veterans, Reserve Forces and cadets in the South East Region.


The War Widows’ Association of Great Britain helps those who have suffered sorrow as a result of WWII and all conflicts since, including Iraq and Afghanistan. They also represents those who have suffered loss of their partner in peacetime, when the death was attributable to their service life.


RAF Halton and RAF High Wycombe are home to servicemen and women from the RAF, Army and Royal Navy together with a variety of contractor and civil service staff. Their main job is to train personnel to the highest standard so that they may contribute to the UK's Defence Strategy both at home and abroad.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good