Ready for winter
We have prepared advice to help you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy in winter.
For emergency closures and information on what to do during wintery weather please see our in a winter emergency page.
Prepare for winter
- Met Office winter readiness checklist
- Winter travel advice
- Gritting Routes
- Salt bins
- Salting decisions
- Stay Well This Winter
- Age UK - Health - winter guide
- British Red Cross emergency app
- Sign up for flood warnings
- Do you qualify for a free flu jab?
- Stay healthy in winter
- Cold weather payments
- Apply for heating/insulation grants (Google search)
- Highways England - Traffic information
Advice on how to travel safely in Buckinghamshire this winter.
- Personal/family Resilience - Are you ready? leaflet
- Business Resilience
- Community Resilience - Guide to creating a community emergency plan
Stay healthy in winter
The NHS provides a range of advice and guidance to help you stay fit and healthy. In Buckinghamshire, local services are available to support you in the community.
- Health help Now NHS
- NHS 111 - Find out more
- Health information on Flu - NHS
- Check whether you qualify for a free flu jab, or contact a pharmacist
- Get involved in a local fitness activity
- Where to go to get advice if you're feeling unwell
- Find local health services
- Advice from the NHS on how to stay healthy
Keep warm in winter
It's important that you keep warm.