Amersham - Local Area Forum
The Amersham Local Area Forum (LAF) gives residents a say in how services are delivered in their community.
The Amersham local area includes the parishes: Amersham, Chenies, Chesham Bois, Coleshill & Penn. Find out more about how we work in your local area.
The Amersham LAF is made up of county, town, and district councillors, as well as partners including the police and health authorities.
Regular LAF meetings are held for members to:
- discuss and agree local priorities
- decide how the local priorities budget is used
Residents are encouraged to attend LAF meetings to find out about what is happening in the local area.
The next meeting is taking place on 1 October 2019. View dates of LAF meetings, agendas and minutes.
The Amersham local area priorities are:
- activities, facilities and support for young people aged 11+
- traffic concerns including parking, road safety and safer routes to schools
- more accessible transport required, including community transport schemes
- reducing social isolation for older and vulnerable people
- improvements to the environment and green spaces
Project funding for 2019/2020
The Amersham Local Priorities budget for 2019/2020 is £23,140.
This budget has been allocated in full towards the Amersham Area Parking Scheme. Funding will be used to carry out an in-depth review of the current parking situation in Amersham and for the prosed solutions to be considered for implementation.
Project funding for 2020/2021
The LAF budget for 2020/2021 will be formally agreed in February 2020. These projects will take place between April 2020 and March 2021.
The process for applications varies for transport projects and community projects. Projects for 2020/2021 will be considered in early 2020.
The deadline for transport applications is 31 August 2019. This deadline provides enough time for Transport for Buckinghamshire to produce budget estimates for consideration.
Transport projects require 50% match funding. They are usually supported by the local parish or town council, who are able to submit an application.
Information about the deadlines for 2020/2021 community projects will be issued later in the year.
More information is available about submitting a proposal for Local Priorities Funding.
How local priorities have been previously addressed
The LAF has previously addressed its traffic concerns priority by funding a range of schemes, including:
- speed limit assessment and then traffic calming measures in Chesham Bois
- speed limit assessment and then traffic calming measures in Chenies
- replacement of mobile speed indicator device in Penn
- purchase of community speedwatch device, to enable volunteers in all parishes to take part in raising awareness of speeding in their area
The 2018/19 End of Year Report shows how local priorities have been addressed over the last 3 years.
Get in touch with the LAF team if you have any questions.