Amersham - Local Area
The area includes the parishes: Amersham, Chenies, Chesham Bois, Coleshill, and Penn.
The LAF and Community Engagement & Development team agree to local priorities by working with communities, councillors, services, and partners. For most priorities the LAF will help coordinate and move projects forward.
The current priorities for the Amersham Local Area are:
- activities, facilities and support for young people aged 11+
- traffic concerns including parking, road safety and safer routes to schools
- more accessible transport required, including community transport schemes
- reducing social isolation for older and vulnerable people
- improvements to the environment and green spaces
How the local priorities are being addressed
The LAF has addressed its local priorities by funding relevant projects from its local priorities budget. The LAF has agreed to allocate funding towards the following projects this year (2018/19):
- Chesham Bois Traffic Calming
- Penn MVAS
- Chenies Traffic Calming
- Penn Lighting
- Amersham Parking Phase 1 (funding reserved to contribute to larger scheme in 2019/20)
In addition, in 2018/19 the Amersham LAF run a community budgeting project called Amersham Decides where 1,300 residents voted for their preferred projects to be funded. Please see the full report.
The following projects are taking place with funding awarded by Amersham Decides:
- Citizens Advice Service
- Old Amersham Memorial Gardens
- Amersham Mobile Museum
- Savvy E-Safety
The LAF has addressed its Traffic Concerns priority by funding a range of schemes, including:
- speed limit assessment and then traffic calming measures in Chesham Bois
- speed limit assessment and then traffic calming measures in Chenies
- replacement of mobile speed indicator device in Penn
- purchase of community speedwatch device, to enable volunteers in all parishes to take part in raising awareness of speeding in their area
In addition, the LAF have received a number of requests to change parking restrictions on the roads around Amersham. It is likely that a proposal to undertake a general review of parking in Amersham will be considered for 2019/20. No decisions or detailed discussions have yet taken place.
The LAF is aware that little has happened to address the priority of community transport in recent years. A discussion will take place at the next meeting, to be held on 14 November 2018, about future options for developing community transport in the area.
The 2017/18 End of Year Report shows how local priorities have been addressed over the last 3 years.
Local Priorities Funding
The Amersham local area has a limited development budget called the Local Priorities Budget. This is used to deliver the agreed local priorities.
The Amersham Local Priorities Budget for 2018-19 is £23,140. This has been fully allocated towards local projects. Proposals for funding from the 2019-20 Local Priorities Budget need to be received by 12 February 2019 for consideration by the LAF.
Transport for Buckinghamshire project proposals are due by 31 August the year before the funding is required.
Find out more about submitting a proposal for Local Priorities Funding.
The Area Manager for Amersham is Simon Garwood who can be contacted with any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.