1. Our Responsibilities
During an incident or emergency we will provide support to the emergency services, coordinate our response with other emergency responders (including district councils), ensure the continuation of our service delivery and coordinate the response of nominated voluntary organisations.
We aim to:
- Ensure we respond swiftly and proportionately to an emergency in the community - any event, incident or situation that threatens serious damage to our welfare, environment or security.
- Facilitate business continuity within the council, helping services to prioritise their critical services. Ensure they can continue in the event of an emergency in the community or an internal disruption to council business.
- Enhance community resilience by providing information to all areas of the community as to how to prepare and protect themselves.
Useful telephone numbers
- Buckinghamshire County Council contact information
- Emergency Services - 999
- Gas emergency - 0800 111999
- Anti-terrorist hotline - 0800 789321
- NHS (non emergency) - 111
- Thames Valley Police (Non emergency) - 101
- Crimestoppers - 0800 555111
- Environment Agency Floodline Warnings Direct - 0345 988 1188
Last updated: 9 February 2018