3. Domestic violence in LGBT+ relationships
If you are experiencing abuse in a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender relationship you do not have to suffer in silence. No one deserves to be in an abusive relationship. For further information visit the LGBT Bucks domestic abuse webpage.
Immediate guidance and support
If you are in immediate danger you should contact the police on 999.
- If you are unable to talk on the phone but are in immediate danger, dial 999 from your mobile and then press 55 - the police can assist you without the need to talk though their Silent Solution System.
- If you are not in any immediate danger but want to record an incident, you call Thames Valley Police on 101
- If you are worried about causing harm to the ones you love you can contact the respect phone line: 0808 802 4040
If you think you or a friend are being abused, you can:
- speak to someone you trust
- check the warning signs by visiting the Galop website
- record any incidents, get advice and support by downloading the Bright Sky app
- receive a level of protection if you are experiencing domestic abuse or have left an abusive relationship by downloading the Holliguard app
- see if a new or existing partner poses a risk to you, a close friend or family member through the Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (DVDS), often called ‘Clare’s Law’ – the DVDS gives any member of the public the right to ask the police if their partner may pose a risk to them and make an application to the Thames Valley Police.
- Aylesbury Vale LGBT Social Group - Voluntary Community Organisation who organise events and social gatherings, primarily in and around the Aylesbury Vale area of Buckinghamshire
- GALOP - provides LGBT+ Hate Crime, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence support services. Telephone: 0800 999 5428
- LGBT Bucks – Buckinghamshire based website for LGBT+ community.
- Reducing the Risk – Buckinghamshire support service for domestic abuse victims. LGBT+ pages.
- Stonewall – Information and support for LGBT+ communities and their allies - telephone: 0800 0502020 Lines are open 9:30 - 4:30 Monday to Friday.
- Thames Valley Police LAGLO - Lesbian and Gay Liaison Officers are available specifically to help LGBT+ victims in Buckinghamshire- telephone: 101 and request a "LAGLO"
For more support services, please visit our support for victims webpage.
Last updated: 25 January 2021