Skip to main content

I have been referred to Social Care

A referral is usually made if an adult in your life is concerned about you or your family.

This doesn't necessarily mean you will get a social worker. Depending on you and your family's situation, you may receive help from a GP, your school, a youth worker or a group of professionals working together.

If we think you're not safe then you will be assigned a social worker. They will find the best way to support you and your family. Your social worker will talk to you about what life is like for you and you can talk to them about any worries or questions you might have.

After meeting you and your family, the social worker will recommend what should happen next. This might mean you receive extra support from other professionals to keep you safe.

If you would like to contact us yourself for some extra support, you can phone us on 01296 383962.

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good
Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK