Skip to main content

I am a Child with Disabilities

If you have a disability and, or special educational needs and you and your family need some extra support, the Children with Disabilities team will work with you and your family to help support your needs. This team is made up of specialist Social Workers and Occupational Therapists.

You will have a written plan which is just for you and your family created by the education team, health services and social care with your family.

When you reach the age of 14 your wishes and feelings will be written into a Transition Plan which will help professional support you in your future.

When you are 17 years old, your social worker will ask adult services to talk to you about support you would like as an adult.

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good
Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK