My social care journey

3/12/2019 11:11:38 AM

1. Child Sexual Exploitation (The Swan Team)

When children's social care and other agencies have a concern that you may have been sexually exploited, the Swan Unit and its specialist workers will support you.

Child Sexual Exploitation is where adults misuse their power and control over you. This can lead to you being sexually abused.

Your social worker will ask you some questions and decide what support you need. This means you might have further help for you and your family from other professionals to support you and keep you safe.

A victim of CSE in Buckinghamshire described her experience;

"You get passed round…It wasn’t particularly me looking for them. It was them looking for me. It’s just that they pass your number around. Or you’re with one of them and they invite three or four of their friends round and then you have to sleep with them. Because you’re in their place and they’re making your life a bit more exciting you do what they want. I didn’t think they found me attractive… I was happy that I was wanted but I think that was about it. It was the attention"

If you are worried that you or a friend have been sexually exploited, please call us on 01296 383962.

Further information is available on the Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board website

Print entire guide

Last updated: 12 March 2019

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good