Buckinghamshire County Council is consulting on changes to early help services for children and families. We want your views on these proposals.
- The priorities for supporting families in need of assistance as set out in section 5.
- The different options for an early help service and how we could best support vulnerable families, including the council's preferred option of a network of 14 family centres across Buckinghamshire. Our three options are set out in section 6.
- The council's proposed principles of using children's centre buildings differently where they are no longer to be used by the Council for the delivery of early help services. See section 7.
Have your say
The views of Buckinghamshire residents and partner organisations on the proposed changes to early help services are very important to us. We need your thoughts and ideas to inform our decision-making as we shape the future of early help services. It is also important that we consult with those affected by any proposals that may result in changes to, and/or the use of, our children’s centre buildings.
Have your say and help us to shape services for children and families in Buckinghamshire by completing the online questionnaire or if you prefer, complete a paper copy. Paper copies and a prepaid envelope can be picked up from a children’s centre or library. The closing date is 13 December 2018.
The results of this consultation will be published and help inform a decision by the Council’s Cabinet in March 2019. A report will then be published which will detail the decisions made and the reasons for doing so.
The consultation runs from 4 October to 11 pm on 13 December, a total of 10 weeks.
The following sections summarise the proposals and we recommend you read before completing the survey. If you prefer, you can download a PDF version of this information.
Consultation document (PDF)
An 'Easy Read' version of this consultation summary is also available here.
A report and appendices has been published on proposed changes to early help services. The following papers have been published:
- Report to Cabinet Member for Children’s Services (details the decision that needs to be made)
- Appendix 1 – Draft Early Help Strategy
- Appendix 2 – Early Help research report on prevalence and need
- Appendix 3 – Early Help Options Appraisal
- Appendix 4 – Future possible site locations under option B (preferred option) and alternative use of children's centre buildings
- Appendix 5 – Pre-consultation report by BMG Research
- Appendix 6 – List of children’s centres and possible future use under options B (preferred option)
- Appendix 7 – Current children’s centre provision
- Early Help flyer (A5)
- Early Help poster (A4)
- Early Help Drop-in session poster (A4)
Last updated: 19 November 2018