Improving early help services for children, young people and families
1. Planning for a new Early Help Service
On 8 January 2018 plans to develop one Early Help service for children and families in Buckinghamshire were agreed at Cabinet.
We want to improve services for children and families by helping them earlier, giving them the right support at the right time.
The new Service will bring together and replace council services that currently provide early help across the county to provide a coordinated service and make things simpler for families.
The aim is to prevent small problems from getting out of control and help families to become more resilient to deal with their problems in the future.
- Be targeted at children and families most in need
- Support the whole family and work with them to deal with all of their issues together
- Operate from nine community team bases from where family workers can go out into the community and provide services at locations that best suit the families' individual situations
- Support families with a wide variety of issues from money worries, parenting and child behaviour difficulties to mental health issues
- Work closely with partners for the benefit of the whole family
This change will take time and we hope to launch the new service for families in June 2018.
You can keep up to date with progress as we move forward with our plans on these pages or through our social media channels.
Last updated: 28 February 2018