Improving early help services for children, young people and families
On 8 January 2018 plans to develop one Early Help service for children and families in Buckinghamshire were agreed at Cabinet.
We want to improve services for children and families by helping them earlier, giving them the right support at the right time.
The new service will bring together and replace council services that currently provide early help across the county to provide a coordinated service and make things simpler for families.
The aim is to prevent small problems from getting out of control and help families to become more resilient to deal with their problems in the future.
The service will:
- Be targeted at children and families most in need
- Support the whole family and work with them to deal with all of their issues together
- Be made up of teams of family workers who will work closely with families in the community and with partners
- Operate from nine community team bases from where family workers can go out into the community and provide services at locations that best suit the families’ individual situations
- Support families with a wide variety of issues from money worries, parenting and child behaviour difficulties to mental health issues
- Work closely with partners for the benefit of the whole family
This change will take time and we hope to launch the new service for families in June 2018.
You can keep up to date with progress as we move forward with our plans on these pages or through our social media channels.
All Cabinet decisions can be challenged by county council members through the decision making process. This is a call-in. The decision to develop a new Early Help service can be implemented from 16 January 2018 if there is no challenge through the call-in process.
Consultation information and results
We have been reviewing how we support children and families earlier to ensure they get the right support and so we can help those families who need us the most.
We asked for you to give your views on our proposal for a new service in a consultation on Improving early help for children and families which ran from 14 July to 16 October 2017.
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. Here is a summary of the results. The full results can be found here when the Cabinet papers are published.