Skip to main content

Disabled children and young people

3. Available help

Other help available

  • If your child needs extra help in school or nursery, we will be able to signpost you to services to support with this.
  • An Educational Psychologist may assess your child and work with you to meet their needs in a mainstream school, a special unit attached to a mainstream school, or a specialist school.
  • If your child needs an Education, Health and Care Plan contact the Bucks SEND IAS
    • Buckinghamshire Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support (Bucks SEND IAS) Service are an impartial team of advisers with expertise in supporting parents, children and young people on issues related to SEND. Independent Supporters can be available to support you with the Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and the EHCP needs assessment. Contact them on 01296 383754 or

For more information call 01296 383962 or email

Pinpoint Register

Pinpoint, the Disabled Children Register, is a database aiming to capture information about children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs who live in Buckinghamshire. It helps to plan, monitor and develop services across the county. Find out about Pinpoint.

For more information call 01296 383065  or email

Print entire guide

Last updated: 18 December 2018

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good